10 Fun and Free Things To Do on Vacation in Orlando, FL
“Whether you’re looking for a break from the crowds at the Orlando theme parks or you want to experience the rich culture and outdoor activities that Central Florida and Orlando have to offer, you’ll find great activities for free that you and your entire family can enjoy.”
If you’ve ever been on vacation to Orlando, Florida, then you know that it can take a big hit on your bank account. The world-class resorts and theme parks make Orlando a great vacation destination, but they come at a premium price.
Fortunately, Orlando has many fun and free options for you and your family that will help you save money:
• Disney’s Boardwalk – This picturesque 1930s style Atlantic Coastal Village on Disney property has great restaurants, nightlife, and it’s a great place to
• Old Town – Located close to the Disney theme parks, Old Town has free admission but you must buy tickets for amusement park rides. Free concerts and car shows can often be found here as well.
• Downtown Disney Marketplace – Here you’ll find the World of Disney and the Lego Imagination Center.
Free Things To Do Outside of the Orlando Theme Park Area
The traffic and tourism around Walt Disney World and Universal Studios can become overwhelming when staying longer than a few days. Many tourists don’t realize that Orlando offers many free activities outside of the International Drive corridor.
• Walk Along Park Avenue – Park Avenue in Winter Park, FL has great shopping , restaurants, and a beautiful park to relax in.
• Lake Eola Park– Explore downtown Orlando and walk along the mile long path that surrounds Lake Eola where the city’s famous water fountain resides. Your kids will enjoy the huge Lake Eola park playset.
• Orlando Brewing Company – Leave the kids with the grandparents and take a tour of Orlando’s famous organic brewing company, located near downtown Orlando.
• Harry P. Leu Gardens – Visit this gorgeous botanical gardens and take stunning pictures with your family while being surrounded by lush gardens. It is free to everyone on Mondays from 9am to 12pm.
• The Amway Center – Tour the new Amway Center, home of the Orlando Magic and NBA superstars Vince Carter and Dwight Howard.
• Black Hammock Adventures – They have free live alligator and bird exhibits along with free music on Friday and Saturday night at their restaurant.
• Morse Museum of American Art - The Morse Museum of American Art has one of the most comprehensive collections of work by Louis Comfort Tiffany. The Museum also features a chapel interior designed for the 1893 World’s Colombian Exposition in Chicago. The museum is free from 4-8pm on Fridays, November through April along with free concerts on Friday nights throughout November and December.
Whether you’re looking for a break from the crowds at the Orlando theme parks or you want to experience the rich culture and outdoor activities that Central Florida and Orlando have to offer, you’ll find great activities for free that you and your entire family can enjoy. If you’re looking for a family-friendly and pet-friendly resort near Universal Studios and Disney World, consider booking a stay at the Wyndham Orlando Resort.
Visit the Wyndham Orlando website at http://www.orlandowyndhamresort.com or call them toll free at 877-999-3223. They are conveniently located on International Drive and Sandlake Blvd. in Orlando, Florida.
Author - Revenue Performance Inc
Tags - wyndham, Orlando, Vacation, free, attractions, hotel, accommodation
Disclaimer - The author of the above article is solely responsible for the content of the above article. DailyOjo is not liable for the content of the above article. Report Spam/Abuse